Week 2 in Cali

BESTIES!

 I miss you all so much! This week has been so good! Alot better than last week! I was starting getting a little sad last week! We have a zone group chat! And everyday people send in little miracle videos and every missionary that came in with my group are all sending these amazing miracle that had happened to them the first week! And we couldn't get a single door to open for us! So I started becoming down on myself! And since we are a social media mission we do alot of work on Facebook! And no one responded to me! So we never had any miracles to send into our chat! 

When we first got here we were challenged to pick a christlike attribute! So Sunday I decided I wanted to pick patience! Not only patience in myself! I want to be patience with the work and patience with the miracles that's come with being a missionary! So thats what I started working on everyday! And instead of being down on myself I tried to be more positive! I started to be more hopeful instead of negative! AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!!! 

we were knocking doors! And our area book in all online! We were at a street that had no dots or any information on it expect for one Grey dots with was a lady who expressed she's not interested at all in the gospel! So we decided we'd just skip that house so we started knocking and no one for would answer! Then we knocked on this lady Lacresha door! She opened it and we talked a little bit about jesus christ and we asked her if she had a faith in Jesus Christ! And she goes "girllllllll" looked us up and down " jesus is my LIFE!" We asked if we could share a scripture with her and we showed her how we study from both the Book of Mormon and Bible! And she wanted one about the Bible! And she wanted one of the Bible and we showed her one about hope! This lady gave us the longest hug and invited us into her house! And showed us a blanket hanging in her house and her daughter had passed away this last year and it was of her! She told us that she was struggling and prayed to God for some help and for a sign! We talked for a awhile she was crying I was almost in some tears! The spirit was so strong! Then she gave us requirements of what she wanted from us! And we set up a Bible study and lunch! I'm so excited to have out study with her! Sometime next week! Turns out she was the Grey dots not interested! But she's ready to hear some stuff which is amazing! I know God put us in her path for a reason! I'm excited to find out why! 

Then ANOTHER MIRACLE!!! that same day we had some extra time before our Dinner appointment. So we decided to knock some doors in the neighborhood! I kid you not the 1st story knocked on we asked them if they had a faith in God! And the dad goes we aren't religious but our neighbors are actually mormon and we're going over to have dinner with him right now. I point over to the I said this house He goes yes. I said catch you there because that's the house we were having dinner at! It was so funny! Anyways the members that we were having dinner with are amazing they are just coming back to church and they are so cool!! The dad was raised in the church and stepped away for a really long time and the wife was recently baptized but they were not super active members and this last month they decided they were going to come back to church and they've come to church every Sunday for the past month or so! And then they invited their non member friends over for dinner so we could teach them more about the church because they had been asking some questions so this whole dinner was basically just a discussion and a lesson and it was truly amazing These neighbors talked about maybe coming to church on Sunday with them! So do your work missionaries need the member's help involve yourself because it brings so much more comfort to those people to have friends! 

The next miracle from this week is we met with Jamie 3 times this week! And holy cow I cannot wait for what happens with her! She is finally starting to understand and things are clicking in her head! Jamie is a very logical thinker And hasn't been the biggest fan of the book of mormon because they aren't in any american history books, and today we were finally able to show her how the bible talks about the book of mormon! And today she told us everything's clicking it's all making sense! Please keep praying your prayers are helping so much and I can't wait to watch where she goes with this gospel!! 

Me and Sister Herman were able to do a service project that was so fun! It was us and almost all the elders in our district hahah! But this family was moving and the dad had just broke is foot or something he had a cast up to his knee and couldn't do anything! So me and Sister Herman were in charge of the planting! All the elders were so funny trying to plant I had to come in and save everyone! And teach them all how to do it! So thank you mom for making sure I knew how to do that! And then we just helped with a lot of moving and Lil jobs that would take them a lot longer! They were very grateful!!


ALSO ME AND SIS BLACKMAN HIT ONE MONTH WOOHOO ( me and sis Blackman making a one)

Ft me at the gym getting GAINS! JK I was super sleepy that day! If yall want something to pray for pray I can stay awake especially during personal study and during zoom meetings I STRUGGLE! ( also yall already know I'm in the gym maxing out to my youth music)



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st week in CALI; Temecula