1st week in CALI; Temecula

BESTIES!! I finally made it to the mission!! Tuesday we flew into cali and once we got off the plane we drove to riverside to go to the mission office and we had a meeting with all the new people and their trainers!! It was super fun to finally meet everyone and meet the mission president and his family! Then we got our companions and I'm so sad I'm not with sister case from the mtc but I'm praying that we will be together before we leave! It's bond to happened at least once right?? 

Anyways then we drove to Temecula which is the farthest zone in the area! The drive wasn't too bad! Then we made it to our apartment and holy it's alot nicer than I thought it would be! Us and another companionship live there and the two trainer decorated the room all cute! Then we put our bags down and went to work! We had a dinner appointment which was the best food I've had in 2 ish weeks! We we've actually had dinner appointments everyday this last week! And oh my gosh they have all been soo yummy!! And the dessert is always chocolate but I always just say hey I'm actually super full but that looks amazing can I take it to go? Well the first night I actually made myself eat it and it was nasty!! 


We're teaching a girl name Jamie who is so precious! She knows that this gospel brings her peace but just like everyone else she has her struggles and feels like she can't be forgiven for whats she's done! But she knows when we meet with her she feels peace! Jamie is super smart though with history so Wednesday we had to try and help her understand why the book of Mormon is the only record of these stories and why it's not in history books and taught in school! Oh my gosh and then her next lesson we talked about SO much!! She had so many questions she definitely brought up Warren Jeff's and asked if we followed him!! She does alot of googling about the church!! But please add Jamie to your prayers she could use them! Just praying that she can feel God's love for her and know that she is enough for him 

It's been so cold here all week! LOTS of rain!! And not only rain but lots of wind! So tracking has been fun! No one wants to talk to us and I've never so many funny made up things to why they can't! Hahaha so that always makes me laugh! I've also decided that everyone has pretty doors because that's all i look at because no one will answer their door! Expect we met this one guy and I was super excited to talk to him and then we told him we were members of the church of Jesus christ of Latter-day Saints and he goes " are yall Christians?" We say yes! And he shows us the bracelet he was wearing asked us if we need what the symbol meant! We thought Christianity! He yells nope I'm a Satanist and then slammed the door so fast and hard! It was honestly so funny and me and my comp were NOT expecting that lol

My comp is super nice and fun! Here name is Sister Herman! She really good with all the rules! Which is exactly what I needed so I can stay obedient! I think it's a good thing too because then my mission starts with the right rules and expectations! But she's also super funny! We live with another companionship and that's sister Hatley and Blackman! I know sister Blackman from the mtc and she's soo funny!! And same with sister Hatley they are both so nice so it's been fun living with them!! 

I haven't really met the elders we had a zone transfer breakfast the other day and all the elders sat at their own table and were quiet! I tried getting some to talk! But Mondays we get to play games so I'll make them talk to me! They are all so awkward!!

Church was fun! The ward is small! But there is a ton of youth! Apparently they get to bless the sacrament once every 6 weeks! Cause there are so many to switch in and out of! The members work here is amazing though! They are so willing to help with anything we need and be a Fellowship at lessons! It's funny because the people who are members here love to talk! But the nonmembers are rude! They are all think because they have a house and a car they don't need jesus but they will find out sooner or later they do! 

Oh and Sunday night at our dinner appointment I got bit by a dog so that was fun! And I held a baby chick and a real life big chicken! 

I love you all! And I hope you have a great week I'm praying for you all daily! And GINA send in my addy so if anyone wants to send me anything feel free! 😍🫑

🫢🏽/ Sister Holt 










Comments