MTC

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! 


I've currently been a missionary for 2 weeks and in the real mtc for one week!! This is honestly been a super fun week but mega confusing!! I definitely BAWLED my eyes out the day I got here but only when I got dropped off and then I calmed down when I had to carry my 2-50 pound suitcases up FOUR FLIGHT OF STAIRS AND AFTER I FOUND OUT THERE WAS A FREAKIN ELEVATOR!!!!!! I was so upset that no one told me there was an elevator! Then that night we had an amazing devotional and yall would be surprised I've only cried once since I got dropped off! And I've just been singing the arianne grenda song "no tears left to cry" because that has been me this whole week!!! 

All we do is breakfast class lunch class dinner and a workshop or devotional!! Im usually the last one out of bed in the morning ( all 6 girls in my district sleep in the same room) and then every night we have been hanging out as a district and it has been been fun to get to know everyone lately!! They really are all so kind and fun to be around! 

One night we spent like two hours in the rec room playing ping pong, chess, and jenga I only played jenga and it was so fun but so intense!! We made it up up like 32 layers was our highest!! And in the same room we had like 5 tables of chess going! So while they were all playing I was singing my heart out and taking requests and I'm pretty soon everyone in that room hated me but it was so fun! They started all giving me their fav artist and sang with me. So basically I was reminded how I'm the life of the party! And think about how boring that chess room would have been without me!! 

Also i don't know what my cousin Phillip was talking about the food hasn't been horrible! There has been one or two questionable things but they always have a salad bar! The worst was Sundays lunch they did steak and it was horrible! I'm still getting use to dinner at 5 and being hungry by bed time but oh well! I've been snacking!! 

Saturday we did this group activity that I absolutely loved! We talked about feeling the spirit and then we did something where a companionship would teach a single person something based on their needs, and no one volunteered so I did! And the elders in my group who taught me did amazing! The first part they had a script and planned what to say but then you could completely tell they went off script and just taught with the spirit! These two elders have been the most closed off this whole week and they got very vulnerable and one cried during a personal experience for him and then it made me bawl too! It was crazy how much you could feel the spirit and then after the 20 min lesson they gave me I looked at my teacher and said this is the most retarded thing ever I'm giving them a hug so don't get mad at me! So I gave both elders a hug! I know I know I need to be obedient but I think I'll be okay!!


Sunday was mega spiritual but SO long we were sitting in meetings for over 9 hours all I wanted was a nap and all the chairs here are so uncomfortable!! But we did something way cool though Sunday we did this activity called go and do!! I thought it was pretty cool but I was definitely terrified it was going to be stupid because I over heard we had to do personal study for 2 hours but it honestly was super cool! We got some topics we could study that focused on God's love for us, how to feel God's love, how God shows his love to me, and how I can show God my love. And so it was honestly super cool! Oh and we all went to choir and I loved it! We are singing a version of there is a green hill far away! And I never realized how cool this song was! I 100% recommend going and reading through the lyrics because it truly is such a good song! 

The main thing we have learned is Christ's character which is super fun to learn about but after 10 classes I'm getting pretty sick of it so prayer we talk about something else for once!! 

Yesterday the girls in our zone heart attacked our door and it was super nice! The girls in our zone are all going somewhere in Japan so they have been here for 4 weeks and have have 3 more weeks to be here I'm I'm grateful I'm not them because I couldn't stay here for that long! I like it here but i hate the showers very much! And my pillow sucks so mom don't forget to send me a good one to Cali!! Also it's weird I've only met one other sister going to my mission and there's supposed to be 9 so I'll have to keep looking out for them!! 

We got to go to the temple today and the changed the endowments section! It's a lot more christ centered and I really like it because that's what we've been learning is making everything more christ centered! I SERIOUSLY LOVED IT!! If you can do endowment go!! 

But I want to share some of my notes from this last week!


1. GOD IS SO PROUD OF YOU
2. You don't always get to see how something ends but prayer to know the lord will take it into his hands
3. If you want to feel God's love, let him feel YOUR love! 
4. Repentance is a way to show our gratitude for the atonement!

Anyways i hope you guys enjoyed some of those quotes I really liked! 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st week in CALI; Temecula